Black Dreams..........


Black Dreams

When the Dare To Get Dirty Challenges were going on a couple of weeks ago, I really wanted to participate inSharon’s, but I didn’t have the right designer paper. I was excited to see black/white Designer paper in the new Mini catalog and ordered it right away. I used it for today’s sketch challenge.
dreamsdujourdtgd09stampersh.jpg
My card base started out as a 4 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ piece of cardstock folded in half. I cut it with the new Scallop Square Clear Die from Big Shot. Next I cut two pieces from the Night & Day Specialty Designer Paper, the darker one measuring 1 3/4″ x 3 7/8″, the lighter one a 3 7/8″ square. I taped the darker strip to the left hand side of the lighter square and tied 5/8″ wide red grosgrain ribbon over the point where the darker designer paper ended.
The sentiment is fromDreams Du Jour and was stamped in Black Stazon on a 1 1/4″ x 3″ piece of Whisper White cardstock. The medallion (oh…I LOVE that stamp) from Friends 24-7 was stamped on the right hand side of the sentiment strip in second generation Real Red ink. It was layered on a slightly bigger piece of Basic Black cardstock. The bottom of that strip had been punched with the Eyelet Border punch. The edges of the White cardstock had been paper pierced. The sentiment strips were adhered to the card base with dimensionals. To finish off the card front I added a Pretties Kit flower that had a Clear Rhinestone Brad in each center.
dreamsdujourdtgd09insidebea.jpg
For the card base I started with a 3 7/8″ square in Real Red. It was layered with a 3 3/4″ Whisper White square. The designer paper strip measures 1″ x 3 3/4″. A small strip of Real Red cardstock that had been punched with the Eyelet Border punch was taped underneath. The top of the Designer Paper was paper pierced and the entire piece sanded. The medallion was stamped in second generation Basic Gray ink. The top left edge was paper pierced.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Hugs and smiles

No comments