8 of the best life hacks from life's best hackers

You may have thought you had all you needed, but think again. We heard from leaders in the tech world to find out what makes them more productive, smarter and healthier.
From building drones to getting cheap flights, here are the life hacks you will be glad you heard:

Hold on to those new year resolutions

"Fabulous is a science-based app which helps you build healthy rituals and habits into your life, step-by-step. It’s incubated by Duke's Behavioral Economics Lab and is based on behavioural economics research: you can use it to reset your habits and rewire your brain."
Victoria Bastide, CTO at Lifesum

Always get the cheapest flight

"Hitlist is a travel app that allows me to easily keep track of destinations that I regularly travel to and find the best flight deals. It helps me get inspired to go on a short getaway that won't break my budget or to find the best times to visit family – or sometimes just to travel dream, when getting out of the office is not going to happen". Olivia Poole, CEO, Vina

Boost your productivity with data

RescueTime is an app which seamlessly keeps track of the time. I spend on various activities while I work on my computer. The data is then aggregated and presented in daily and weekly reports. Very helpful for assessing my day-to-day 
productivity.” 
Aleksandra Wozniak, Co-founder, Cleo

Breathe clean air on your commute

"As a cyclist, I’m concerned with the poor air quality, so I’m testing a product which addresses this issue, an anti-pollution mask from Tegru. The mask features active fans which delivers the user clean air with no compromise in comfort via its design. Future models will also include air quality monitors integrating with smart cities."
Sam Onwugbenu, Founder, Altitude Tech LTD

Try scooter-sharing on your way to work

"I recently used the scooter sharing service/app YUGO in Barcelona. That was a green, fast and super enjoyable way to go from A to B. With the plus of discovering the off the beaten track of the city. I tried it for the first time in September and simply loved it! Wish they would launch it in London already." 
Roberta Lucca, Founder & CEO, BOLDR

Find a few quiet moments

"Simple Habit is a five-minute meditation app designed for busy people. It offers short meditations for just about every use case. It's like the Spotify of meditation. When I feel stressed or need additional focus I use it: it’s got a great selection of teachers that you can explore to find which style and voice works best for you." 
Elin Elkehag, founder, myStillar security

Work late and never get screen-glare-insomnia

“Now that we’re heading for winter,I’ll be using my LitePod Compact whenever I’m working at my desk early in the mornings. This desktop-sized SAD lamp helps me to counter the body-clock confusion caused by using [electronic] devices late at night, and will improve my mood and productivity as we approach the months of darkness.” Deana Murfitt, Chief people officer, Unruly Media

Make a drone out of your bicycle wheel

“Everybody has heard about drones and UAVs. What you might not be aware of is how accessible they’ve become. Lots of collaborative initiatives are developing; Drone It Yourself lets you transform everyday objects into drones. Are you ready to take to the skies?”
Paul Croft, Director, Ultimaker GB
Via Weird

No comments